Trinity Lutheran Church was organized in 1946 in order to provide Word and Sacrament ministry to Lutheran Families in the village of Churchbridge and surrounding area. Since its inception, Trinity has undergone many changes, both in its congregational make-up, as well as in its facility. Many of these changes have occurred as the result of the dissolution and subsequent amalgamation of other Lutheran congregations with Trinity. On July 20, 1958, Faith Evangelical Lutheran Church (First English) closed its doors and 46 members joined Trinity. A few years later, in June of 1962, Grace Lutheran church in Beresina also closed resulting in 12 families joining the Trinity congregation. The next year, in 1963, Peace Lutheran Church in Rothbury dissolved and 7 families amalgamated with Trinity. The result of these amalgamations is that today Trinity consists of a varied mixture of people from diverse ethnic backgrounds including Austrian, German, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, British, Polish, Icelandic and Finnish. Yet all remain bound together by a common faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The original church building was constructed in 1957 and dedicated in 1958. In 1968 the original church building was expanded to include a new section with a basement. A new parsonage was also constructed in 1976.
In 1991 the congregation voted to proceed with the construction of a major expansion to its facility. Included in the plans were the design for a new sanctuary and narthex, as well as additional office and classroom space. Through the help of many volunteers, and with the assistance of "Labourers for Christ," construction was begun in 1991 and the new addition was dedicated to the glory of God on July 26, 1992. In April of 1999, the congregation celebrated the retirement of the building debt. Renovations have continued to the old part of the church to provide increased classroom space for Sunday School and other activities.
Throughout History God has richly blessed Trinity Lutheran Church!